Here are the following changes in Income Tax 2019-20
- If the taxpayer is a director in a company* at any time during the tax year, the following details need to be furnished (ITR 2, 3):
► Name and Permanent Account Number (PAN) of the company
► Whether shares of the company are listed or unlisted
► Director identification number
2. If the taxpayer is a partner in a Firm* then need to Furnish Name of the firm and PAN needs to be disclosed separately (ITR 5, 7).
3. Enhanced reporting in case of transfer of immovable Property*- Such as name and PAN of the buyer, the address of the property and in case of more than one buyer, percentage share and amount of each buyer needs to be reported (ITR 2, 3, 5, 6).
4. Break-up of interest income* earned needs to be bifurcated into interest earned from savings bank, deposits, income tax refund, interest in the nature of pass-through income or others. (ITR 2, 3, 5, 6, 7)
5. A break-up of certainly specified incomes such as dividend income*, winning from lotteries, puzzle, races, etc. which are taxed under Income from other sources (IFOS)- The break-up period is aligned to the due dates of payment of advance tax (ITR 2, 3, 5, 6, 7).
6. Break-up of monetary donations made in cash and other modes- Monetary donations made by the taxpayer and eligible for deduction under section 80G of the Income Tax Laws (ITL) need to be bifurcated between donation made in cash** or in any other mode (like cheque or electronic mode). (ITR 2, 3, 4, 5, 6)
7. *Enhanced reporting in relation to foreign assets located outside India*- Instead of information about foreign bank accounts held, the new ITR forms require details of following assets held by resident taxpayers at any time during the tax year in Schedule FA dealing with foreign assets and income from any source outside India (ITR 2, 3, 5, 6, 7)
► Details of Foreign Depository accounts
► Details of Foreign Custodial accounts
► Details of Foreign Equity and Debt interest
► Details of Foreign Cash Value Insurance Contract or Annuity Contract
Under each asset category, there is further reporting requirement such as details of country name and code, name and address of the institution, account number, date of opening the account, peak balance during the tax year, closing balance, amount of interest/ amount paid/ credit. In the case of an insurance contract, cash/ surrender value of contract needs to be reported.
8. *Enhanced reporting in exempt income schedule* (a) If net agricultural income exceeds INR 0.5M or (b) income is not chargeable as per Double Taxation Avoidance Agreement (DTAA) or (c) it is pass-through exempt income
► In the schedule of exempt income, where the net agricultural income exceeds INR 0.5M, the following details need to be reported separately for each agricultural land (ITR 2, 3, 5, 6)
(i) Name of the district along with pin code where agricultural land is situated
(ii) Measurement in acres
(iii) Whether the land is owned or leased and whether it is irrigated or rain fed
► Further, pass-through income not chargeable to tax and income not chargeable to tax as per DTAA also needs to be specifically reported in the schedule of Exempt Income (ITR 2, 3, 5)
9. *Furnishing of PAN/ TAN of the tenant is mandatory* if TDS credit on rent income is claimed by the taxpayer-While computing house property income, the taxpayer needs to mandatorily furnish PAN/ TAN of the tenant if credit for TDS on rent income is claimed by the taxpayer. (ITR 2, 3, 5, 6, 7)
10. *Insertion of Manufacturing Account and Trading Account in addition to Profit and Loss Account*-Statement of Profit and Loss has been bifurcated into Manufacturing account, Trading Account and Profit and Loss Account. Certain additional details need to be furnished in the Manufacturing Account such as details of direct wages, direct expenses, and factory overheads. (ITR 3, 5, 6).
11. *In the case where regular books of accounts are not maintained*- Details of gross receipts as bifurcated between receipts through specified banking modes and any other mode to be reported.
12. *Date of commencement of business* to be disclosed by Companies
13. In Case Of Company ITR *Loans and advances have given and received*-Party wise details along with opening and closing balance, amount received and repaid during the year, rate and amount of interest
14. In Case Of Company ITR *Land or building or both (whether residential or not), other assets* such as motor vehicle, aircraft, yacht, jewelry, archaeological collections, drawings, painting, sculptures or any work of art or bullion-Date and cost of acquisition, the purpose of use.
Income Tax Amendment.